Friday, May 27, 2016

The Haters

There was a time when I assumed I was doing a pretty darn good job during my short stint here on earth.  I've always strived to do good and be good. I assumed most everyone respected me and looked upon me favorably.

"HURRY UP AND DIE!"

                        --Anonymous
                            
There was a time when I assumed I was contributing to society in a positive way.

"HATE YOU FOR WHAT YOU 
HAVE DONE TO SOCIETY."

                            --Anonymous

There was a time when I assumed I was not responsible for what ails America.

"YOU...RUINED AMERICA! YOU...HAVE DESTROYED
 SOCIETY WITH YOUR FEMINISM, YOUR LIBERALISM, 
YOUR PRO-HOMOSEXUALITY, YOUR MULTICULTURALISM
ETC, ETC. ETC."

                       --Anonymous

It has been brought to my attention that my assumption that I was doing and being good was wrong. My assumption has made an "as" out of my "sumption," and even though I have no idea what that means, Anonymous assures me that it's bad. So bad, in fact, I need to expire, kick the bucket, buy the farm, hurry up and die. This hater left the above comments on my blog on August 29, 2013, when I posted the below cartoon. I know I'm not a good cartoonist, but blaming me for destroying our society, the ruination of America, and all that etcetera etcetera etcetera stuff, and then condemning me to death seems a bit severe, don't ya think?


"SO DIE ALREADY!"

The haters have always been out there spewing vulgarities, nonsensical philosophies, and anger at anyone they disagree with or disapprove of. Haters are mean-spirited people, and now with the tools provided by the Internet and social media, they are everywhere spreading ugliness and hate everyday. Their voices are shrill, obnoxious, loud and hard to ignore. Their reach is extensive and impossible to evade. Haters have discovered the artillery that will deliver, with bull's eye accuracy, their poisonous darts. Their goal is to do harm.

"ARE YOU STILL HERE? I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO DIE ALREADY!"

I was just saying goodbye.

"GET OUTTA HERE! BUT DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR ME IN NOVEMBER. THEN DIE."

I made that last part up, but you knew that already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some not very nice comments from people named Anonymous, I now have to monitor comments before they are published.